Need a little nudge to get yourself to plan? Start with these inspirational quotes about planning!
The start of the year is always the perfect time to start planning for your life. Whether they are big plans or small ones, it is always great to have a plan to push you in the right direction.
Motivational quotes and inspirational sayings are great ways to influence the way we think and feel.
Hence, in this post, we give you 25 quotes about planning that can inspire you to work towards your goal.
Whether you are a student, a housewife, an organized mama, a hard worker, a leader, or a project manager, you will surely find a quote here that is suited for you!
So, grab a paper and pen and be sure to jot down a quote or two that mostly resonates with you. Here we go!
Inspirational Quotes about Planning
1. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. – Benjamin Franklin
This is a friendly reminder that when you do not take the time to prepare, you are setting yourself up for failure.
2. If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. – Yogi Berra
The point of planning is to set out the right steps that will lead you to the right destination. If you do not plan out your path, you may end up somewhere else.
3. The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done … you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do. – Lil Wayne
It is okay to have regrets but you should not dwell on them. Instead of spending a lot of time moping around, you should move forward with a better plan.
4. Unless you have definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you. – Zig Ziglar
The good part about planning is that it shows that your goals are clear. Once you realize what you are aiming for, you also start to realize the potential that you have.
5. Good planning without good working is nothing. – Dwight Eisenhower
While planning is a good thing, you also have to remember that you still have to do the dirty work and hustle to make your plans a reality.
6. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination. – Earl Nightingale
Reaching your goal always starts with planning, setting the steps to reach your goal, and having the guts to take One step after another.
7. Plan for what is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small. – Sun Tzu
This quote reminds us of the advantage of planning things ahead of time. Last-minute plans are always difficult because of the time limit.
8. A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power. – Brian Tracy
When you know your plans and you have a clear vision as to where you are headed, you become more confident that you can achieve your goal. It gives you the feeling that you are unstoppable.
9. The trouble with many plans is that they are based on the way things are now. To be successful, your personal plan must focus on what you want, not what you have. – Nido Qubein
When you start planning, it helps to be realistic. But just don’t base your plans on the present. You have to think of the future. and what you want to have.
10. If you don’t know exactly where you’re going, how will you know when you get there? – Steve Maraboli
The only way to know that you are moving forward and improving your life is when you set goals. And how do you set your goals? Start planning!
11. You can talk all you want about having a clear purpose and strategy for your life, but ultimately this means nothing if you are not investing the resources you have in a way that is consistent with your strategy. In the end, a strategy is nothing but good intentions unless it’s effectively implemented. – Clayton M. Christensen
Here is another reminder that planning will only work if you implement it. You can have the best strategies but if you do not actually do it, then all your planning is worth nothing.
12. Discover a purpose that gives you passion. Develop a plan that makes you persistent. Design a preparation and motivates you to optimize your potentials. Do it because you love it! – Israelmore Ayivor
Are you passionate about something? Can you use it as a business? If so, then working won’t be so hard. Try planning about using your passion for work. This helps you use your potential to the maximum.
13. No matter what the work you are doing, be always ready to drop it. And plan it, so as to be able to leave it. – Leo Tolstoy
Most of us end up with careers we barely love – just so we can earn some money to make it through the day. But you have to plan ahead to escape that kind of mental prison. This way, you can leave your job and pursue better pursuits.
14. Each day, wake up with a plan. Don’t just approach your days in an unfocused void. That state of mind leaves too much room for discontent, opposition, unhappiness, and hopelessness. – Carlos Wallace
This quote reminds us of the advantage of being able to plan out each day. This helps you start the day with intention.
15. Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance. – Stephen Keague
Ever tried doing a presentation at school or work last minute? It does not really go well, right? When you plan and prepare ahead, you can expect good results.
16. The sooner you start planning your life, the sooner you will live the life you dream of. – Hans Glint
Here is another reminder that the only way you can live the life you have always dreamed of is to plan and set goals for it.
17. The man who is prepared has his battle half fought. – Miguel De Cervantes
Part of facing any of life’s battles is to be prepared for it and you can do that by planning. When you plan for something, it is always best to have a plan B in case your plan A does not work.
18. The backbone of success is hard work, determination, good planning, and perseverance. – Mia Hamm
Success is not always easy. Sometimes you have to plan for it, sweat for it, and go through a couple of roadblocks before you get your success.
19. Don’t wait until you’re in a crisis to come up with a crisis plan. – Dr. Phil McGraw
You always have to prepare for emergencies. This is why people get insurance or put up an emergency fund. The more you plan for a crisis, the more prepared you will be when it hits.
20. Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. – Tom Landry
It’s not enough just to set goals. You should also be planning on how to achieve those goals and stick to that plan to get the results.
21. He, who every morning plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life. – Victor Hugo
Some of us get so busy that it feels like we barely have time for anything or we miss out on one thing that we are supposed to do for the day. One way to survive is to plan out your day like using a daily planner or a bullet journal to help act as a guide on what you should achieve for the day.
22. Having a sense of purpose is having a sense of self. A course to plot is a destination to hope for. – Bryant McGill
Planning gives you a sense of purpose. When you have a plan for something, you are always bound to achieve it.
23. A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there. – H. Stanley Judd
Planning means you are aiming for something. Your plan gives you direction.
24. Plan your next move because every step contributes towards your goal. – Sukant Ratnakar
As we mentioned earlier, identifying your goals mean nothing if you are not planning a course of action or set of steps that will lead you toward it.
25. Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. – Peter Drucker
Planning is one thing but acting on your plans is another. If you are willing to work hard for the plans you have in mind, you will surely be able to reach your goal.
Planning is the first step towards your happiness and success.
If you do not have a plan for your own life, you will just end up following somebody else’s plan and forget your own dreams.
We hope all these quotes about planning will inspire you to make a plan to work on the success and happiness that you have been wishing for.
Have them on your inspirational board, write them in your bullet journal, place them on the calendar, or have them written in your planner. They can serve as great reminders that you are working towards a goal!
Need more productivity tips? Check these out!
- How to Set Goals and Achieve Them: Simple Strategies for Success!
- 10 Tips to Be More Productive at Home
- How Productive Moms Get So Much Done and So Much Happier
- Get More Things Done in Less Time: 10 Productivity Tricks to a Laser-Focused Mind